My Prayer Peek/ your prayer prompt [blessings in a pandemic]
Most Holy Father,
Over and over again, I hear how horrible this year has been…and I have to admit, personally it has been challenging with the loss of dear friends and family members (two due to suicide which carries it’s own heartbreak), loss of income, not being able to accompany family members or them with me in medical crisis, not being able to gather as a family, or even to worship as I am accustomed to. Yet, oh my sweet Lord, how I see You at work with blessings overflowing in the midst of what some are calling “the worst year ever.” Having gone through my share of many trials, I have to say, once again, Lord, You make beauty from ashes, and it is definitely true that You create good out of what seems the worst when we have eyes to see…
Some of the sweet blessings I see developing out of a year of world-wide pandemic include:
- A slowing down of the fast-paced driven society that leaves little time for deepening relationships and simply enjoying one another.
- Parents spending more time with their children with bike rides, walks, games, fishing and other non-stress activities.
- With the real threat of death due to this virus, people are reviewing and simplifying their lives to savor the most important treasures which are relationships. Even the healthy are realizing today could be their last day. It changes the way we live.
- More time to sit quietly and share all our heart with You, Lord, through prayer.
- Letting go of things we have no control over and trusting You to make good come from our current situation—no matter how dire.
- Learning to live with less since this pandemic has created a shortage of many things.
- Holding our dear loved ones before You and realizing You love them even more than we ever could, and You want more for them than we could ever ask for or imagine.
- Realizing You love us just because of who we are, and not for what we can do for You and Your Kingdom.
- Believing that this dark and hopeless world needs the Light You give us through our relationship with Jesus Christ now more than ever. Our answer of hope, when we are hit with dark fear and hopelessness, does far more than we can imagine—even if we don’t see immediate results. The hope we share is eternal and stands for all time.
- Doctors cannot save everyone, but You long to give us eternal life.
- If and when I die from Covid-19 or any other cause- I know I will live forever with You! I am ready.
Thank You, Lord, for the countless rich blessings You are showering us with even in this horrible pandemic. Open our eyes to see them and thank You for them.
“to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.” Isaiah 61:3
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:14-16
“But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.” 1 Peter 3:15
Your prayer prompt-
Father, open my eyes through Jesus Christ to see You and Your glory in the midst of ….